Video Production Tips for Any Budget
Course content (20 lessons)
01 |Create Your Audience
02 |Leverage Video Creative
03 |Awareness Campaign Set-Up
Video production can get expensive, fast. You can, however, create high quality, eye-catching video ads on a budget.
Whether you want to start with $0 and use your smart-phone or make an investment in equipment you’ll use for the longterm, the list below will help you narrow down your decision.
VIDEO CREATION TOOLS:
Today modern tools exist to help you create professional, eye-catching videos. Three recommendations include:
- Smartphone (iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X are Ezra’s preferred choices)
- GoPro Hero 5. This is helpful for time-lapses and general b-roll. It’s also helpful for capturing interesting angles and fast moving moments. The GoProHero6 is now out and has internal optical stabilization that’s almost as good as the Gimbal.
- GoPro Karma Grip. Use this for stabilizing shots. It has an internal battery that charges the Go-Pro camera and triggers start/stop recording.
- Canon EOS 70D (This camera is an investment. This camera can be used to capture high quality testimonials and product shots).
- Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L is II USM Lens (Typically only used in Ezra’s studio, this “workhorse” lens cover many of the commonly used focal lengths with the added benefit of Image Stabilization. The drawbacks are a slower aperture and less sharp).
- OPTIONAL: You can hire a freelancer to help create and edit your videos ads and avoid making the purchase up-front.
- Rode smartLav + Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones
- Sennheiser AVX MKE2 Digital Wireless Microphone System, Lavalier Pro Set (This Lavalier is more of an investment. They sound great, conveniently sized and durable).
- Outdoor and natural lighting is ideal