What is a Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool (which is a snippet of code) that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. You install the Pixel on your page and it communicates back to your Facebook account all the results of your ads.
What does the Facebook Pixel do?
- Make sure your ads are being shown to the right people
- Build advertising audiences
- Remarketing to everyone who visited your site, or visited specific pages on your website
Connect your Shopify account to Facebook
You can create a Facebook Pixel in Facebook Ads Manager. Click on the green ‘Set Up Pixel’ button and follow along with the four steps. You can also see them below.
- Choose ‘Connect a Partner Platform.’ Choose Shopify.
- Log in to your Shopify account and click Online Store.
- Select Preferences. Copy and Paste Your Pixel ID. Click Save.
- Verify Your Pixel is Working Correctly.
Once you’ve verified your pixel is working, you’re set up and ready to start running ads!